Well dear friends, I have been remiss of my blogging duties (heehee) long enough. Much has happened during my absence. Well, just one, kinda big thing that takes up most of my free time. As you all know, The Husband and I welcomed our first child into our life. Little X is growing like a weed and doing something spectacular every day. I’m sure I will write about him here and there, but as I do enjoy being selfish, I will try and keep the blog mainly about me, myself and my musings.
That being said, let’s talk about ‘the most wonderful time of the year’, shall we?
I don’t know that I have said it outright, but in general, “people” are crazy and/or annoy me. This statement never manifests itself quite as well as it does during the holiday season. Let’s start with the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday. I make it a rule to never leave my house before 10:00 a.m. on Black Friday. This comes from years of working in retail and knowing all the good stuff is usually gone by 9:00 a.m. Give the crazies a chance to exit the stores, and then go out if necessary. Target sternly warns its shoppers in line outside in the effing cold at 5 in the morning that there will be no running, pushing, or stealing from other shoppers or they will be escorted off the premises immediately. Maybe Wal-Mart should take a page out of their book, although I don’t know if it would’ve stopped this tragedy. How do you not realize you are stepping on another human? How is it possible that buying that toy for your spoiled child is more important than another’s life? Just more proof that in general, “people” are crazy.
Other random things that have caught my attention lately:
- ‘Supposably’ is in the dictionary. I did not know this and always corrected people who used it thinking they didn’t know how to correctly pronounce ‘supposedly’. My apologies to those. (And yet the spell check on this blog tells me it should be supposedly. Interesting.)
- Christmas music should not be played on the radio until the day after Thanksgiving. Our local 24 hour Christmas station started its holiday fare the day after Halloween. Yeah.
- Sleep deprivation is a staple of my life now. If I get 8 hours of sleep or more, I feel like I’m living in a dream.
- Getting freelance gigs is hard work.
- You can leave your job for three months and when you come back, it will be as if you never left.
- How I Met Your Mother is the funniest damn show on television.
- My 15 year old niece is way too pretty for her own good.
- My 15 year old nephew is starting to look like Jim from The Office. It’s awesome.
- My 3 year old nephew “has craps” at his school. “It’s called Arts & Craps.”
- I love my life :o)
That’s all I have for now. Wishing you all a very Merry Chrismakwanzzukka!! And don’t forget Monday is Festivus – for the rest of us!