This happens about once a year, where I don’t post on here for months. As someone who quite enjoys writing in her spare time, this is a travesty. But as it turns out, sometimes, there is no spare time. Such is what happened about four months ago. I received a promotion at work and, as luck would have it, I had zero experience in my new department. The down time I used to know at my front desk gig was gone, and I had to actually work while at work. Writing had to take a back seat while I figured out the particulars of this new adventure. So here is a quick breakdown of my life over the past five months:
- I love my new job. It is interesting, challenging, and keeps me on my toes. I am always learning something, and the people I work with are fantastic.
- I also have been able to keep up on one of my resolutions: getting healthy. I have lost 13 pounds to date, and hope to lose another 15 by Christmas. I feel good, motivated, and happy. I have participated in many fitness events in the Denver area and am constantly inspired by my friends, old and new, who continue to push themselves beyond their limits. I’m contributing to another blog regarding that part of my journey, if you are so inclined.
- My kids are growing like weeds and are a daily source of joy and enlightenment. Quite possibly the best things I have ever done in my life.
- There has been suffering as well, losing friends and loved ones to the vicious thief that is Cancer, watching my friends go through unspeakable hurts as their children are taken from them far too soon. It pushes me to live in the now, take care of myself, love with all my heart and soul, treat others as I want to be treated (as best as my flawed self can). It is all we can do in this life.
- It is autumn, my favorite time of the year. Crisp air, Broncos football, falling leaves, sweaters, Broncos football, my birthday, pumpkin spice lattes, Broncos football, Halloween, new TV shows, and Broncos football.